Adorabella Beauty Academy

Well, I've been in Albuquerque since October 21st.  I started a refresher course at The Adorabella Beauty Academy on October 22nd.  The course will be complete on November 13th or 14th.  After that, I will go back home to Ruidoso and continue studying to take my State Board Exam.  The practical exam is on December 8th, I'm not sure when I take the written part of the Exam.

This has been a learning experience, not just re-learning the book end of Cosmetology, but learning about people.  I called Robert to get some advice, because I was having an issue with one of the people at the school (you know there's a bad apple in every bunch).

This is what Robert told me, and let me add that he has taught me so much about life, business, and just how to deal with people and still remain positive.  He said that we should look at all our relationships as "bank accounts", you can either make deposits or you can withdraw from those accounts.  Well, that is some very wise advice, when it works, but there are just going to be times, that the other person just doesn't respond in the way you would think.  There are some tough cases out there and what I'm learning is that my response to situations is what makes the difference.  If after I've been around this negative person for 5 days in a row, I'm going to respond different to her negativity on Tuesday than I would respond on Saturday, after having spent the 5 days in a row around her.  She has to be in this scenario too, I can't just delete her from my life at this point  She works there, this is her job, and I personally don't think she is happy where she is, so that affects all of the students.

Anyway, you can see why I call this "ramblings", I'm not really going anywhere with this, I'm just venting, it helps me understand how to approach this next week........:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks Mom & Dad from your Birthday Girl

"Nothing will enhance abundant life more than beginning our day expecting God and ending our day remembering God"