April 18, 2020 Pandemic/Coronavirus

Wow, well another year has passed and here we are.  So much not going on in our world today.  We are making history!

Currently, the world is going thru a pandemic ~ hearing those words is just strange.  The USA is suffering thru something called the Coronavirus COVID-19.  Fortunately, Lincoln County only has 1 case, the rest of New Mexico totally has 1,798 positive results of COVID-19, 53 dead, 92 hospitalized, and 465 recovered.  It’s crazy!

My salon has been closed for a month.  In the beginning of this closure I was ok.  I kept thinking, “ok, I will just pretend I’m practicing for the day I get to retire”.  Then the days of uncertainty dragged on.  I had moved back in with Mama (she’s 98 now), and decided to just ride this thing out.
Well, one month later things haven’t changed much.  The governor of NM has put us on this quarantine until April 30.  But, I’m not sure that date will actually be the day we get to go back to our usual life.  Doesn’t seem possible.

So, one of the things I’ve done in these days of confinement is talk a lot with a Daddy.  Yup, that sounds crazy since he’s been gone nearly 6 years.  But, because I’ve had to find things to do it’s taken me outdoors.  That’s the place Dad loved best and that where a I feel closest to him.  I’ve made a walkway, I’ve raked millions of pine needles, I’ve dug, raked, shoveled, cleaned and planted and just been outside.  That was just the first week.  This past week I cleaned Dads shop so I could work in there.  I’ve tried to make it a place I can do my crafts, painting, etc.  I smell paint, and stain, and sawdust.  And, I feel Dad all around me.

When I’m in the yard those two white butterflies are still buzzing around me (I call them Dad and Shayne), the irises are about the bloom, the cherry trees are blooming and how can I not feel that wonderful man and Shayne hanging out with me all the time?

I’ve learned so much with this social distancing (that’s what the world is calling it).  I’ve seen my children be there for me, just like I knew they would.  It’s so cool.  It warms my heart!  They check on me all the time.  And, I check on them.  We talk on the phone constantly!
God certainly blessed me with the best.  And of course Eli~ that’s the coolest kid ever, he’s almost 10.

Now, speaking of grandsons.  Shayne would be graduating from college next month.  Yes, life just keeps passing us by and there is hardly a day go by without thoughts of my precious boy.  Even though in my head he’s just 17, on his birthday in June this year he would be 23.  Wow, still have a hard time with this and God knows this about me.

It’s late, and I’ll write more later, just wanted to document a few things.

To Luke, Robert, Jessica, Erin, Eli ~ someday if you read this I just want you to know that no one in this world loves you more than I do.  

Comments

  1. It doesn't seem strange at all to me that you should talk to Daddy since I do it all the time too. I know how you feel about him being all around us especially when we are doing a project that he knew so much about. I can hear him laughing at the mistakes I make and feeling him helping me correct them.....That is the nice thing about memories and love......they are always with us and when we lose a precious person like Shane and Daddy from this world....they have left a piece of themselves with us for safe keeping until we see them again in the next world. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks Mom & Dad from your Birthday Girl

"Nothing will enhance abundant life more than beginning our day expecting God and ending our day remembering God"